Athletic and friendly Tysen Benz, 11, hanged himself as a result of a social media prank played by the 13-year-old girl he was dating.
Katrina Goss, the mother of the Michigan pre-teen boy, said that she went to Tysen’s room to kiss her son good night when she found him hanging from a belt in his closet. Tysen was taken to a local hospital before he was transferred to the University of Michigan Hospital in Ann Arbor where he fought for his life for three weeks.
Before he was found nearly lifeless, Tysen was reportedly communicating with someone he thought was a friend of his girlfriend as he read a social media post stating that his girlfriend just committed suicide.
Goss said that her son’s girlfriend wrote the post about her “death” using a friend’s account.
“Even when he said he was going to kill himself, she didn’t say, ‘I’m just kidding.’ She just left it alone,” the grieving mother said.
She added that Tysen was in no way sad, nor depressed, or suicidal before the social media prank.
The unnamed girlfriend is now facing charges of telecommunication services-malicious use and of using a computer to commit a crime. If convicted, the teen faces a maximum of a one-year sentence in prison for her alleged action that led to the boy’s suicide.
Latest posts by Buzzer Rhev (see all)
- Father Won’t Tell His Daughters about His Job Because He Doesn’t Want to Shame Them - May 10, 2017
- In India, Newlywed Brides Receive Paddles to Hit Drunk Husband - May 10, 2017
- At 82, Japanese Woman Makes Dumplings During the Day and Drops Beats at Night - May 4, 2017
- Chinese City Prevents Jaywalking by Installing Automatic Pedestrian Gates - May 4, 2017
- West African Tribe Chief Works as Gardener in Canada to Raise Funds for His Tribe - May 1, 2017