We always do this habit – talking on our mobile phone while it’s plugged in a charger. Maybe we should start changing our bad habits.
An 18-year-old girl from Odisha, India died after she used her mobile phone while it is charging. The girl was identified as Uma Oram; she was using her phone before it exploded.
According to World of Buzz, she was talking to a family member when she noticed that the battery was already low so she decided to charge it and continued to talk to her relative on the other line; after some time, the mobile phone exploded, leaving the girl unconscious.
She was immediately rushed to the hospital. The doctors found severe burn injuries on her hand, chest, and leg. Unfortunately, she was already declared dead upon arrival at the District Headquarters Hospital.
“The cellphone was put on charging when she started talking to a relative. Its battery exploded suddenly. Before we could know what exactly happened, Uma fell unconscious. She was declared dead at the hospital,” Duraga Prasad Oram, her brother said in the interview.
It shows in the picture that the exploded phone came from Nokia. Uma’s family demanded compensation from the phone manufacturer; according to her family, the phone was just launched last year.
“While we have not been able to independently verify the facts of any of these reports, we can confirm that the mobile phone in question was not manufactured or sold by HMD Global, the new home of Nokia phones, set up in 2017 to create a new range of Nokia device. At HMD Global, we are committed to producing high-quality handsets which deliver a strong user experience and meet high customer expectations,” HMD Global released a statement according to World of Buzz.
Police are still currently investigating the case and Uma’s body has been sent for post-mortem.
Latest posts by Buzzer Ramona (see all)
- Funny Boyfriend Sets Rules with Girlfriend Before Watching the Most Awaited Avengers Movie - April 19, 2018
- 22-Year-Old Obese Boy Loses Weight, Wins Bodybuilding Competition - April 19, 2018
- 60-Year-Old Man with Unbearable Itch in Private Parts, Hospitalized for Inserting 1-Meter Cable Inside - April 18, 2018
- Naturopath Receives Criticisms for Curing Aggressive Child with Remedy Made from Rabid Dog Saliva - April 18, 2018
- Mexican Town Organizes Unusual Raffle: Winner Will Enjoy the Prize 50 Years from Now! - April 18, 2018