An aspiring student from Seremban, Malaysia took her own life by jumping down from the 14th floor of an apartment building.
The 20-year-old student who goes by the surname Lin was a smart student; she gets high scores in her examinations in the past and aims to be a teacher. She was studying her tertiary education in one of the institutes in Kedah.
However, the poor student suffers from depression so her parents installed a GPS tracker on her phone to keep track of her location.
On April 2, her parents found out that she was at an apartment building so they tried to call her to check. Lin answered and lied to her parents that she was with a couple of friends.
Lin was later discovered to have jumped down from the 14th floor of the building at around 8:45 pm.
She left a suicide note saying that she wanted to die very badly.
“Even if you find me alive, please ask the doctor not to save me,” she wrote on her later.
According to China Press, she said in her letter that she was afraid of disappointing her parents and was under pressure. She added that she couldn’t catch up on her studies. She wishes her parents could live a good life and she thanked them for bringing her up. She also asked her elder brother to look after their parents and take care of them. In the last part, she said she is willing to donate her organs to other people who needed them.
The building where Lin took her own life was a notorious place for suicide cases. In fact, there were more than 70 cases of suicide that took place there in the past decade.
We do hope that the family that Lin left behind may be able to overcome this challenge and may Lin find her peace.
If you are depressed or thinking about of taking your own life, please be reminded that you are not alone in your battle. You may call the following hotlines and ask for assistance:
Information and Crisis Intervention Center:
- (02) 804-HOPE (4673)
- 0917-558-HOPE (4673) or (632) 211-4550
- 0917-852-HOPE (4673) or (632) 964-6876
- 0917-842-HOPE (4673) or (632) 964-4084
In Touch Crisis Lines:
- 0917-572-HOPE or (632) 211-1305
- (02) 893-7606 (24/7)
- (02) 893-7603 (Mon-Fri, 9 am-5 pm)
- Globe (63917) 800.1123 or (632) 506.7314
- Sun (63922) 893.8944 or (632) 346.8776
Latest posts by Buzzer Ramona (see all)
- Funny Boyfriend Sets Rules with Girlfriend Before Watching the Most Awaited Avengers Movie - April 19, 2018
- 22-Year-Old Obese Boy Loses Weight, Wins Bodybuilding Competition - April 19, 2018
- 60-Year-Old Man with Unbearable Itch in Private Parts, Hospitalized for Inserting 1-Meter Cable Inside - April 18, 2018
- Naturopath Receives Criticisms for Curing Aggressive Child with Remedy Made from Rabid Dog Saliva - April 18, 2018
- Mexican Town Organizes Unusual Raffle: Winner Will Enjoy the Prize 50 Years from Now! - April 18, 2018