Have you heard about objectophilia? It is an expression of attraction, love, and commitment to inanimate objects.
Sounds impossible right?
Noorul Mahjabeen Hassan, 20, a mathematics student from Orlando, Florida admits to having this condition. In fact, she has plans to marry a vintage game – Tetris – which she had been committed to for over a year now. She also has plans to marry the game right after she graduated from University.
Not only had she dated a computer game, according to Oddity Central, she also had previous romantic relationships with a calculator called Pierre (he met his demise during a routine cleaning), an iPod, and a monorail.
“I had the most indescribable breakdown when he would not work,” she said of the experience. “I lost him and had to get a new Pierre; I did not believe Pierre’s consciousness extended across. This one did not feel the same as the original Pierre.”
Their unique ‘relationship’ started in September 2016. From then on, Hassan filled her home with Tetris memorabilia. In an interview, the 20-year-old student said that her fantasy with Tetris all started when she would play a game called Smash Run where she would use the Tetris theme and thought it was nice. Then whenever she hears the theme, she want to play Tetris.
“I think Tetris is so beautiful, he is about perfection, and he stimulates your mind. Physically I get that feeling that people in relationships get – that you know they are the right one,” she said.
Noorul claims that their relationship is an intimate one as she sleeps with Tetris-themed physical objects like cushions and hard drive.
She also clears out that she actually has feelings for the game, it seems like she’s emotionally connected with the objects. Furthermore, she has never been attracted to humans.
Noorul’s condition has been distressing her family who struggle to understand her. Though she found an online support group hoping to spread awareness and understanding regarding her sexuality.
Latest posts by Buzzer Ramona (see all)
- Indian Man Rants on Facebook Video after ‘Racist’ Interview at a Singaporean Company - March 19, 2018
- 24-Year-Old Man Becomes Paralyzed after Sitting Down on the Toilet, Scrolling His Phone for a Long Time - March 19, 2018
- Mother Shares Daughter’s Experience with Color Shaming, Receives Backlash from Netizens - March 18, 2018
- Heartless Teacher Asks Poor Student to Lick Toilet Twelve Times, Receives a Very Lenient Sanction - March 18, 2018
- 44-Year-Old Chinese Reporter Goes Viral for Looking Young in the Past Two Decades - March 17, 2018