Xiao Wu is a 21-year-old woman from Dongguan, China who has been diagnosed with a retinal artery that results in a barrier in her right eye; it was because of playing King of Glory non-stop.
In China’s Golden Week Holiday, Wu spent her time in King of Glory marathon instead of going out with her friends or just resting. So on October 1st, she cannot see anything with her right eye; she thought that she was tired so she went asleep but when she woke up the next day, she still cannot see in her right eye so her parents took her to Donggiang Huaxia Eye Hospital.
Retinal Artery usually happens in older patients but in Wu’s case, her eyes were extremely tired by constantly staring into the small smartphone screen.
She usually plays on her phone for seven or eight hours straight, without any breaks. In addition to that, she also works in finance which adds more pressure on her eyes. During her days off, she wakes up at 6 am and has her breakfast and she would start playing until 4 pm.
She is still currently in the hospital; doctors are trying to restore her vision with a little progress.
King of Glory is a game developed by Chinese tech giant Tencent, Honour of Kings is one of China’s most popular mobile games with more than 200 million users.
Latest posts by Buzzer Ramona (see all)
- 11 People Living in Extremely Filthy Home in Malaysia - October 22, 2017
- 5-Year-Old Girl Raises Over $1,000 for Milk Money for Her Class - October 21, 2017
- 93-Year-Old Man Stays Devoted to His Late Wife, Makes Sure She is ‘Always with Him’ - October 21, 2017
- 21-Year-Old Man Turns Himself in After Losing Challenge for Cops to Get 1,000 Facebook Shares - October 21, 2017
- ‘ICU Grandpa’ Takes Care of Babies, Comforts Worried Parents for 12 Years - October 20, 2017