People

32-Year-Old Man **** after Getting Sucked Inside MRI Machine

We often go to the hospital to get checked and be treated when we have any diseases. However, who would’ve thought that hospital negligence would be the cause of ***** of someone?

Apparently, a 32-year-old man died after being pulled into an MRI machine at a hospital in Mumbai, India on Saturday.

According to Asia One, victim Rajesh Maru was with his elderly relative. He was allegedly allowed to enter the MRI room at BYL Nair Charitable Hospital with a metal oxygen cylinder that helps him breathe. However, the oxygen cylinder’s metal activated the machine’s fatal magnetic field after which the man was pulled with severe force along with the cylinder.

According to some reports, the patient’s hand was stuck between the MRI machine and the cylinder. Furthermore, the magnetic field was so strong so he couldn’t pull himself away.

Image: Asia One

Poor Maru’s body was swollen and was heavily bleeding when he was pulled away by his relative and the hospital personnel. He was rushed to the emergency ward; however, he died within 10 minutes.

“When we told him that metallic things aren’t allowed inside an MRI room, he said ‘sab chalta hai, hamara roz ka kaam hai’ (it’s fine, we do it every day). He also said that the machine was switched off. The doctor, as well as the technician, didn’t say anything. So we thought let’s just go in.

But as soon as Rajesh entered with the cylinder, it turned out that the machine was on. He was sucked in and his hand got stuck there. His body swelled up and he couldn’t speak. It’s because of their carelessness that Rajesh died,” Haraish Solanki, Maru’s brother-in-law said in the interview.

Image: Pixabay

An investigation has been launched in the case and the person who allowed him to go to the MRI room with the metal oxygen cylinder was already suspended.

Is this another hospital negligence case?

Source :

Asia One

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!