Sonia McColl, a 70-year-old widowed grandma from Devon, England was the founder of the Park Home Owners Justice Campaign that aims to protect the homeowner’s rights. She was left homeless after her 40-foot static caravan, that costs £30,000, was stolen from her.
How? The heartless thieves lifted her home from its base then put it on a low loader trailer and drove off with it!
This unusual incident may have been due to her campaign. McColl believes because she receives several death threats because of her campaigning and has managed to change the law to prevent unscrupulous mobile home site owners from blocking and selling homes. In fact, she was in the process of moving from Dorset to Devon.
Speaking to Daily Mail, she said that she was devastated and shocked.
“They’ve taken everything I’ve got. I can’t point the finger. I’m staying with some friends at the moment; I don’t know what I’m going to do. If I was told I had to move out of here tomorrow, I would have to throw myself at the feet of the council.”
“Consequently, I did have death threats, I used to live in a park home in Dorset, and after losing my husband and dog, I received a number of death threats telling me to abandon what I was doing. My family convinced me to sell my home and move elsewhere, so I put my home up for sale, sold it, and moved to another location just as the campaign was taking off. I moved to Devon.”
Unfortunately, her home was not insured, leaving her penniless. Together with the Cornwall Police, they have opened an investigation and made an appeal to the public for any information they could give.
According to Oddity Central, the only information that they have so far is that the theft happened sometime between 6 am on Wednesday, November 22, and 6 am on Thursday, November 23. The suspects may have used special equipment to pull it off.
Latest posts by Buzzer Ramona (see all)
- Vietnamese Teen Receives Painful Ass Whooping from Mother After Borrowing $88 to Celebrate Girlfriend’s Birthday - February 18, 2018
- Woman Impersonates a Man to Marry Two Women, Abusing Them for Dowry - February 18, 2018
- Woman Climbs Inside Airport X-Ray Machine to Keep an Eye on Her Handbag - February 16, 2018
- Two Nigerian Nationals Scam $31,450 from a Thai Woman in Romance Scam Strategy - February 16, 2018
- 14-Year-Old Girl Makes Incredible Application for Alzheimer’s Disease Patients - February 15, 2018