Everybody loves pictures. I mean who wouldn’t, it captures the most memorable moments of our lives. In the modern day era, most of us know how to play and use the technology including the elderly ones. In fact, Kimiki Nishomoto is an 89-year-old Grandma from Japan who enjoys taking and editing her own pictures for the past 17 years.
She learned the beauty of photography when she was 72 years old when she decided to enroll in her son’s photography course for beginners; her son works as an art director. Since then, she fell in love with photography. She started creating funny photos and share them on her Facebook account which gained many followers.
Most of her self-portraits were personally taken by Nishimoto using a wireless camera remote control. Some photos capture the tiny, beautiful details of flowers, adding her own unique style. Though the quality of the photos might not be on point, what people loved about this is the spontaneity and that these candid shots show she’s having so much fun.
She had her first exhibit in the Kumamoto Prefecture art gallery in western Japan at the age of 82. Now she’s nearing 90, she is exhibiting her selfie series at the Epson imaging Gallery in Tokyo also known as epSite. This exhibit is entitled “Asobokane” (“Let’s Play) which will start on December 15 until January 18, 2018. They will be showing 60 of her most recent works.
Speaking to Belfast Telegraph Digital, a gallery spokesmain said,
“Although this is an exhibition by what you could call a mature photographer, Kimiko Nishimoto’s age was not really a factor in the enjoyment we got from the works she created and the spirit that goes into them. This was why we decided to hold the exhibition. The exhibition includes some of the works that caused such a sensation on the internet and others that have not been seen so far.”
Latest posts by Buzzer Ramona (see all)
- Young Daughter Asks Father to Take Another Person’s Belongings - December 11, 2017
- 70-Year-Old Grandma Instantly Became Homeless After Thieves Stole Her Home - December 11, 2017
- Mischievous Indian Man Admits Stealing Hotel TV Sets for 12 Years - December 5, 2017
- 22-Year-Old Girl Regrets Having 30 Plastic Surgeries Just to Please Her Boyfriend - December 5, 2017
- German Architect Suffers from Rare Metabolic Disease, Needs to Drink at Least 20 Liters of Water a Day to Stay Alive - December 4, 2017