Asians have a very wild imagination especially when it comes to beauty trends. They now made a new trend wherein you insert small pegs of what you called “nose lifter” to make the nose look more European – sharper and pointier.
This item is called The Nose Lifter. It has two curved silicone pegs that measure two to three centimeters long and a hook made for adjusting. Once you insert this silicone thing into the nostril, you need to adjust to a 45-degree angle, making your nose pointier.
However, the ‘amazing’ results of this instant nose job might not be as safe as you would have thought it would be. According to Oddity Central, health professionals gave warnings that if this product will be used repeatedly this may cause irreversible damage to the nose.
Speaking to news.com.au, Professor Richard Harvey, Head of Rhinology at UNSW and Macquarie University, said:
“It’s putting pressure on the cartilage framework of the nose. It’s being manipulated. It’s stretching and distorting it and putting pressure on the lining of the nose. So even if you tolerate it at the time, repeated use could result in an ulcer.”
Last year, a woman in Taipei who is 25 years old almost lost her nose when one of the pegs broke through her nasal membrane, causing bacterial infection. Another incident happened in China when a woman inhaled the peg and was taken to emergency care. X-ray results show that the device was in her stomach but in eventually passed through her system.
Would you try this beauty device?
Latest posts by Buzzer Ramona (see all)
- 27-Year-Old Chinese Woman Loves Eating Out, Puts Her Life in Danger - January 20, 2018
- Malaysian Student Eats on the Canteen’s Floor after Parents Take Over the Seats - January 20, 2018
- Young Couple in Indonesia Spends Alone Time in a Rambutan Farm, Forcibly Married by Their Parents - January 19, 2018
- 16-Year-Old Italian Boy Sues Mother for Posting His Photos on Social Media - January 19, 2018
- Teenager Uses Smartphone While Taking a Bath, Dies from Electrocution - January 17, 2018