Confessions of the World’s Best Father…#6 is hilarious!
Dads are cool – way cooler than Mom (as most kids are prone to say), but no one beats the world’s best father: Dave Engledow. He’s so awesome that he learned how to make the most of his babysitting turn with his first born child.
As a first-time father, he struggled with the ups and downs of having a baby in the house – including sleepless nights, periods of utter exhaustion, and feeling like a robot.
One day, while watching over his daughter, he came up with a brilliant idea for a joke. The result was epic, and his friends absolutely love it. Clamoring for more creative photos, they urged him to make some more. Today, not only does he have a large collection of hilarious photos, he’s also published calendars and books featuring these awesome photographs.
1. The photo that started it all. As a first-time father, Dave thought it would be hilarious if he took an evidence of just how exhausted and crazy he felt. The setting was perfect: there was milk from the baby’s bottle for his coffee! You’ve got to find this “World’s Best Father” mug in all the photos. The mug and its message is the central for each photo.
2. Kids love to stash staff inside the toilet bowl – including the now-famous mug!
3. The photos are staged, of course – and he admits it. So, don’t go screaming “Photoshopped!” because they really are Photoshopped!
4. With a kid in the house, I bet you’ve also experienced the dilemma of the kid seemingly being in too many places at once. Crazy, isn’t it? Don’t worry, Dave, we can totally relate to that.
5. For most photos, Dave takes photos of daughter Alice Bee first, then himself. He puts them together to create a hilarious final photograph.
6. How adorable can this toddler be, anyway?
7. Oh – no one was hurt in the shooting of this photo. Rest assured this was purely a joke.
8. Many of the photos are genius creations. Such as this “forgotten child” enjoying the ride on top of his car. Before you scream, “Abuse!” and lock him up in a mental institution, these are Photoshopped items, ladies and gentlemen.
9. This is what happens when Daddy begins to take an interest on the Twilight series.
10. Daddy: Voila! So, that’s where my mug went!
11. Dave’s wife, Jen, sometimes makes a cameo appearance – such as this one where she counts the laps the father and daughter had done around the kitchen island.
12. The photos are fun despite clearly looking like they were staged to look funny; but these make them even more hilarious.