People

Girl Rushed to the Hospital with 4-Inch Wound after Hitting the Fan While Playing with Dad

A lot of dads love to toss their kids up in the air and catch them – and while this activity has brought joy to millions of kids around the world, there are some instances when things do not go as planned and the playtime can turn into tragedy.

In Thailand, 25-year-old father Em Phoeykiln was just playing with 3-year-old daughter Oum when he accidentally tossed her so high that her head hit the ceiling fan! The metal blade of the fan got damaged with the impact – and Oum suffered a 4-inch gaping gash on her forehead that exposed her skull!

Photo credit: SWNS / The Asian Parent
Photo credit: SWNS / The Asian Parent

The girl was rushed to the hospital as she screamed in pain – and her dad admitted to feeling like his heart was being crushed as he watched her suffering with the huge wound on her head.

Doctors at the hospital in Rayong, Thailand asked them for almost 70,000 Baht ($2,000) for the surgery. Despite trying to bargain with the hospital for the price, the amount wasn’t reduced; thus, the family is selling all its belongings to pay for the hospital bills.

Photo credit: SWNS / The Asian Parent
Photo credit: SWNS / The Asian Parent

The doctors stapled the head wound and bandaged the child’s head during the surgery. Oum is doing much better now but her family is still searching for funds to pay for the medical bills she incurred. Still, they are thankful that Oum’s life was saved and are quite willing to sell even their home just to ensure she lives!

As the family continues to struggle with the medical bills, their story has gone viral across the internet as a reminder for parents to be extra careful when playing with their kids.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!