A 5-year-old Chinese boy has been allegedly abandoned by his parents after learning that he has a malignant tumor. Though doctors can find ways to get him treated, they hope his parents will be on his side as he gets all his cancer treatments before it is too late.
According to Guangzhou Daily, the sick boy with a nickname Rong Rong was suspected of having orbital rhabdomyosarcoma, a rare form of cancer among children.
On October 10, the boy was taken by his father to Foshan, Guangdong province for suffering from dehydration and struggling to stand up. Zhang Li, the head nurse of the hospital, warned the parents that they were running out of time to treat the boy so they need written permission from his family before they can perform a test of the tissue to make a diagnosis of the malignant tumor in his pelvic cavity. However, the father refused for the procedure to be executed.
Apparently, treatments of this kind such as biopsy require permission from the patient’s family members under the mainland Chinese law.
The boy weighs only 15kg, far below the average weight of children his age and is too weak to eat congee so he is being fed with powdered milk by the nurses. They are also bringing in their own children’s clothes for him.
On October 23, the boy’s father left him at the hospital and told the staff that he will find money for his son’s treatment. He previously gave his verbal approval for the boy’s further examination but then, he did not return to the hospital. The staff also lost contact with the father so they reported him to the police. He hasn’t shown up as of press time.
The hospital can help Rong Rong apply for financial support from the government but the request should be signed by his parents.
Dr. Liu Guoqing said the tumor had grown nearly to the boy’s belly button and they are uncertain if they will still have the chance to cure the boy at the late stage of cancer. She also said that though the operation may be successful, there will still be a lot of postoperative treatments that need to be done. But then, they are still hoping the boy’s parents will come back to stay with him.
Latest posts by m_tagalicud (see all)
- Jordanian Celebrity Mais Hamdan Apologizes to Filipinos After Making Fun of Pinay’s Mistake on National TV - November 21, 2017
- Thai Man Dies of Hypothermia After Directing 3 Electric Fans to Himself While Sleeping - November 18, 2017
- Malaysian Teenager Dies after Mistakenly Drinking Glass of Coca Cola Doped with Ecstasy - November 17, 2017
- Nephew Sells Aunt and Uncle’s Painting for $2000, Only to Find Out it Actually Costs $165M (And They Probably Stole it 30 Years Ago) - November 16, 2017
- Teacher Scolds Colorado Mom for Packing Oreo Cookies as 4-Year-Old Daughter’s Meal; Frustrated Mom Slams Teacher on Social Media - November 12, 2017