A mother’s love for her children is immeasurable and unconditional. And there can nothing be more painful and heartbreaking for a mother to see her child suffering. She will do the best that she could to help her child and to provide from the simplest needs to the bigger ones.
One Chinese mother proved that a mother’s love knows no boundaries.
In Chonqing, China, a 28-year-old mother named Chen Dejuan was seen standing outside the sub-way station with her 4-year-old daughter, Nanang, who was almost bald and wearing a respiratory mask. The little girl was diagnosed of having leukemia, a cancer of the blood. In order to support her medication, Chen was selling hugs for 10 yuan each ($1.5) to raise enough funds.
To prove the passersby the truth of her child’s medical condition and be able to convince them to buy hugs from her, Chen will show her identification card and her daughter’s medical records. People had responded positively and she was able to earn 600 yuan ($90) in just over an hour by hugging the strangers.
Chen and her husband spent 70,000 yuan ($10,370) to support Nanang’s leukemia treatment. The earnings that this resilient mother gets from selling her hugs was a big help to sustain the very expensive medication. She also gets additional donations from people who learned about their situation online.
Medical research shows hugging is extremely effective in healing diseases, loneliness, anxiety, depression and stress. It also builds trust and sense of security and safety. No wonder many people heed to Chen’s hug for sale as everyone suffers emotional problems in different ways, too.
When was the last time you were hugged or you hugged somebody? This may be the right time to shake off those negative emotions away. It won’t hurt, anyway!
Latest posts by m_tagalicud (see all)
- Desperate Mother Temporarily Hangs Own Son When Husband Failed to Answer Her Calls - August 18, 2017
- Customers Stop Patronizing Restaurant of Rude Owner Who Slapped Worker and Humiliated Him in Public - August 16, 2017
- 20-Year-Old Malaysian Needs Donations from Public to Afford Liver Transplant Surgery, Dies While Waiting for Funds to Come In - August 12, 2017
- 17-Year-Old Student Went to Hotel’s Balcony Just to Smoke, Fell from the Sixth Floor and Died - August 12, 2017
- 4-Month-Old Baby Falls 10-Meter High and Dies After Grandmother Loses Grip Upon Riding an Escalator - August 1, 2017