Healthcare is one of the basic necessities of every human being. Unfortunately, a lot of people can’t even afford to send themselves to the hospital whenever they feel sick.
Gamal Albanisaid is an Indonesian healthcare entrepreneur who made The Garbage Clinical Insurance that allows the poor to pay for their healthcare with garbage.
Though it may sound crazy, this type of system has been working good for over 7 years. It started in 2010 when Gamal, the CEO, was only 21 years old. He was inspired with the country’s small health budget and to give the poor an alternative solution to paying for their insurance.
“You have people who can’t go to the hospital because they don’t have money. So I started thinking, if you don’t have money, what do you have? There’s garbage everywhere on the ground, so we decided to use garbage as a financial resource,” he told OddityCentral.
A person who would like to get access to basic healthcare should collect around 3kg of recyclable materials each month. Garbage includes plastic, metals and even organic garbage that can be used to make fertilizer.
There are already around 2000 recipients of Garbage Clinical Insurance that have access to basic healthcare services in three special clinics in the hometown of Malang, East Java and one near the capital city of Jakarta.
Watch the video for more information
Latest posts by Buzzer Ramona (see all)
- Woman Uses Family Parking Lot, Boasts that She’s Rich and has Three Cars - March 22, 2018
- Korean’s Ministry of Food and Drug Safety Discovers Harmful Chemicals in Some Korean Beauty Products - March 22, 2018
- 30-Year-Old Woman Suffers from Chronic Kidney Disease Caused by Cheap Whitening Treatments - March 22, 2018
- 18-Year-Old Girl from India Dies While Using Her Charging Mobile Phone - March 22, 2018
- Ants Mysteriously Come Out from 11-Year-Old Girl’s Eye, Doctors Can’t Figure Out Why - March 21, 2018