After enjoying a lavish meal at the Omeros Bros Seafood Restaurant on Australia’s Gold Coast with a bill worth AUD$621 (US$466), aspiring rapper Terry Peck, 33, ran out of the restaurant into the ocean to allegedly avoid paying the hefty amount.
Local reports said that lifeguards took two police officers on jet skis to go after Peck, who ordered two lobster mornay, 21 oyster shooters, a baby octopus, and Corona beers.
The aspiring rapper, who goes by the name 2pec when he performs, was able to swim 50 meters into the ocean before he was arrested. He refused to return to the land, so the police arrested him on the water, instead.
He is facing charges of stealing and two counts of seriously assaulting a police officer.
During hearing at Southport Magistrates Court, Peck claimed that a friend called and told him that she is undergoing labor and was on the beach. According to him, he was just rushing to the ocean to help his friend.
He complained of overcooked lobster and finding shells in his oyster shot.
He was granted bail on a condition that he will stay away from the restaurant. He is ordered to return to the court on May 4.
Latest posts by Buzzer Rhev (see all)
- $730 for a School Uniform Designed by Armani, Anyone? - February 12, 2018
- In 2017, Singaporean Fresh Grads Earn as Much as $3.4K a Month - February 11, 2018
- Woman Finally Marries Fiance She Could Not Recognize for 8 Years After a Disease Struck Her - February 10, 2018
- Boy with Leukemia Spends Money for His Treatment on a Mobile Game - February 10, 2018
- Japanese Baggage Unloaders Earn Praise for the Way They Handle Baggage - February 9, 2018