Many of us spend most of our time bowing our heads down as we stare at our mobile phones or gadgets while working for long hours. Unknown to many, studies show that constantly bending our head is not good for our body.
A 40-year-old man in Chengdu, China with surname Wang was admitted to the hospital because of neck problems. Apparently, he was spending 2 to 3 hours each day playing with his cellphone while lying down after a tiring day at work. All the while he thought it was just stiff neck until one day, he can no longer move his entire body.
According to reports by Sohu, Wang was scared when he can’t move his chest downwards and sensed that something was wrong with his body when he cannot even control his bowel anymore. He was then rushed to the hospital where doctors performed a series of tests to thoroughly check his condition.
The doctors discovered that Wang was suffering from cervical spondylosis, a “wear and tear” affecting the spinal disks in his neck. This resulted in the narrowing of the space needed by the spinal chord and the nerve roots that pass through the spine to the rest of his body.
The condition is most common to elderly people, but then, because of Wang’s “wrong” habit of spending long hours of bending his neck while looking down at his cellphone, he was able to acquire the said condition at a younger age.
In fact, Wang was also spending long hours bending his neck while doing office work. But spending another 2-3 more hours playing with his cellphone after work only worsened his condition.
The doctors performed emergency surgery to Wang. They concluded that Wang had been experiencing pain and discomfort on his neck which caused him to experience difficulty in standing and walking. Since he was unable to seek immediate medical assistance, he experienced sudden paralysis.
After the successful surgery, Wang is currently recuperating from being paralyzed. However, doctors fear that Wang will not be able to fully recover from his traumatic experience.
Latest posts by m_tagalicud (see all)
- iPhone 8 Plus Remains Intact Inside Burning Mercedes Benz - December 4, 2017
- Adventurous Malaysian Photographer Fearlessly Shoots Couple’s Prenuptial Pictorial in a Volcano - December 2, 2017
- Man Becomes Suddenly Paralyzed After Constantly Bowing Head Down While Playing with Cellphone - November 30, 2017
- Overweight Woman Transforms into a Stunning Model, Becomes a Sexy Fitness Coach after Losing 150 lbs - November 28, 2017
- Girl Gets iPhone X for Only $2.43 after Camping 4 Consecutive Nights Outside Cellphone Store - November 25, 2017