Have you heard about the rare condition called Musical Ear Syndrome (MES), a condition that usually affects those who are suffering from hearing loss? It’s developing a non-psychiatric auditory hallucination. The cause and mechanism of MES are still unknown but experts believe that it occurs when there is a lack of auditory stimulation.
MES is believed to affect approximately one in 10,000 people aged over 65 in the UK.
One of the people suffering from this rare condition is an 87-year-old British man named Ron Goldspink. He has an auditory hallucination of England’s national anthem that plays in his head on a loop.
According to Oddity Central, he developed the condition three or four months ago; he started constantly hearing the ‘God Save the Queen’ in his head, sung by an all-male choir.
Speaking to Hull Daily Mail, he said that he thought that it was his next-door neighbour who keeps playing the music and keeping him awake at night. So his son complained to the council and when they went to their neighbour, they said that they were not playing anything and from there, they realized that it just him who could hear it.
He can experience these hallucinations 1700 times every week. Sure, this can be “deafening” and there were times that it’s driving him mad. The only way that he can get a rest from his condition is when he puts a hearing aid in one ear and turn on the TV on in the background.
He will be visiting the Hull on November 16 and hopes to meet the Queen to tell her about his rare condition.
“I have no idea what caused it, I just know it is a group of men singing and they sing it very well. I just want people to know that I am not mad, and don’t just have something wrong with my head. I am telling the truth, and I hear the national anthem continuously,” he told Oddity Central.
Latest posts by Buzzer Ramona (see all)
- Vietnamese Teen Receives Painful Ass Whooping from Mother After Borrowing $88 to Celebrate Girlfriend’s Birthday - February 18, 2018
- Woman Impersonates a Man to Marry Two Women, Abusing Them for Dowry - February 18, 2018
- Woman Climbs Inside Airport X-Ray Machine to Keep an Eye on Her Handbag - February 16, 2018
- Two Nigerian Nationals Scam $31,450 from a Thai Woman in Romance Scam Strategy - February 16, 2018
- 14-Year-Old Girl Makes Incredible Application for Alzheimer’s Disease Patients - February 15, 2018