Have you heard about the rare condition called Musical Ear Syndrome (MES), a condition that usually affects those who are suffering from hearing loss? It’s developing a non-psychiatric auditory hallucination. The cause and mechanism of MES are still unknown but experts believe that it occurs when there is a lack of auditory stimulation.
MES is believed to affect approximately one in 10,000 people aged over 65 in the UK.
One of the people suffering from this rare condition is an 87-year-old British man named Ron Goldspink. He has an auditory hallucination of England’s national anthem that plays in his head on a loop.
According to Oddity Central, he developed the condition three or four months ago; he started constantly hearing the ‘God Save the Queen’ in his head, sung by an all-male choir.
Speaking to Hull Daily Mail, he said that he thought that it was his next-door neighbour who keeps playing the music and keeping him awake at night. So his son complained to the council and when they went to their neighbour, they said that they were not playing anything and from there, they realized that it just him who could hear it.
He can experience these hallucinations 1700 times every week. Sure, this can be “deafening” and there were times that it’s driving him mad. The only way that he can get a rest from his condition is when he puts a hearing aid in one ear and turn on the TV on in the background.
He will be visiting the Hull on November 16 and hopes to meet the Queen to tell her about his rare condition.
“I have no idea what caused it, I just know it is a group of men singing and they sing it very well. I just want people to know that I am not mad, and don’t just have something wrong with my head. I am telling the truth, and I hear the national anthem continuously,” he told Oddity Central.
Latest posts by Buzzer Ramona (see all)
- Model from Nevada Stands Just 3ft 4in Tall, Breaks Stereotypes in the Fashion Industry - November 21, 2017
- Woman Undergoing Radiation Treatment Gets Publicly Shamed by Strangers After Using Handicapped Spot - November 21, 2017
- Malaysian Woman Alerts People About Another Modus Wherein Scammers Force You to Pay for Items You Didn’t Order - November 20, 2017
- Raulito was Already Dead for 84 Years But Still Performs Miracles - November 19, 2017
- 7-Year-Old Student Picks Winning Lottery Ticket, Donates Her Prize to Food Drive Project in Her School - November 18, 2017