For some, having a tanned skin is such a shame and think that having fair skin means they are beautiful. Indeed, color shaming is happening up to this day and even young people are deeply affected by it.
Nurulbadiah Lai, a mother, took advantage of social media to express and raise awareness about some people who would comment on the difference of the skin color of her two children.
On her Facebook page, she shared an experience wherein she encountered an old friend who went to comment on her two kids.
“The eldest one is fair, like her mom, but the younger is darker, probably she had taken after her father,” Lai recalled.
Personally, the mother was not bothered by their skin tones not until she realized that her youngest was deeply affected by this comments. One day she asked little Alliss to put on a pink Frozen-inspired dress but she refused and insisted that she wanted to have fair skin first before putting on the dress because a pink dress can only be worn by someone who has a fair skin, like her elder sister.
This is really heartbreaking.
It’s really sad to see that a very young age, Alliss is already having self-esteem issues which she shouldn’t be experiencing – not at her very young age.
As soon as her post gone viral, she received some backlash from other netizens saying that she was just seeking attention.
“That’s what I’m saying; please stop comparing and accept your kids or even your friends just the way they are. Everyone is beautiful,” Lai said.
It saddens us to know that issues like this is still happening. May little Alliss find the courage to be comfortable in her own skin.
Latest posts by Buzzer Ramona (see all)
- Funny Boyfriend Sets Rules with Girlfriend Before Watching the Most Awaited Avengers Movie - April 19, 2018
- 22-Year-Old Obese Boy Loses Weight, Wins Bodybuilding Competition - April 19, 2018
- 60-Year-Old Man with Unbearable Itch in Private Parts, Hospitalized for Inserting 1-Meter Cable Inside - April 18, 2018
- Naturopath Receives Criticisms for Curing Aggressive Child with Remedy Made from Rabid Dog Saliva - April 18, 2018
- Mexican Town Organizes Unusual Raffle: Winner Will Enjoy the Prize 50 Years from Now! - April 18, 2018