Brand giant Nike has recently unveiled its newest offering of sportswear line dedicated for women in sizes 1X-3X.
After years of infusing design and innovation in all its products, Nike knew that athletes want to look fit and be comfortable, at the same time.
Helen Boucher, Nike’s Vice President for Women Training Apparel, said in a statement that for this particular line, they did not only focus on making their products larger, but they also considered that “body weights are distributed differently for everybody”. She also said that while women want black on tight-fitting garments, they also want bright pops of color.
With a wide variety of colors and styles, the Plus-Size line features sportswear such as a t-shirt, long-sleeve running top, hoodie, training tank, shorts, tights, jacket, and the Pro Bra, among the others.
The Pro Bra, with sizes up to 38E, is also intended to be used by plus size athletes since support on the chest area is an important factor in training and in any physical activities.
With this initiative, Nike hopes to inspire all women to push themselves harder. “The motivation in young girls today is to be strong. And while strong looks different for everybody, what’s consistent in athletes today is that fitness is very much part of her lifestyle.” Boucher said.
“Ultimately, beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, and being strong is beautiful. Strong is the keyword for us—size doesn’t matter,” Boucher added.
The Plus-Size Collection is already available online through www.nike.com.
Latest posts by Buzzer Rhev (see all)
- Father Won’t Tell His Daughters about His Job Because He Doesn’t Want to Shame Them - May 10, 2017
- In India, Newlywed Brides Receive Paddles to Hit Drunk Husband - May 10, 2017
- At 82, Japanese Woman Makes Dumplings During the Day and Drops Beats at Night - May 4, 2017
- Chinese City Prevents Jaywalking by Installing Automatic Pedestrian Gates - May 4, 2017
- West African Tribe Chief Works as Gardener in Canada to Raise Funds for His Tribe - May 1, 2017