Ebony Banks, a cancer patient at MD Anderson Cancer Center, has been battling a rare stage four cancer while she spent the majority of her senior year at the said center. Her school staged a special graduation ceremony for her at the center where she received an early graduation gift — a FaceTime call from none other than her idol, Beyonce, herself.
Her schoolmates from Alief Hastings High School in Houston, Texas knew how much Ebony, also called Ebob by her friends, loved Beyonce so they created a social media campaign with a hashtag #EBOBMEETSBEYONCE hoping to get the attention of the pregnant singer.
The hashtag became viral after a few days.
Soon enough, the social media hype caught on with Beyonce and not wasting any precious time, she called Ebony through FaceTime.
While lying on the hospital bed, Ebony took the FaceTime call and told the singer, “I love you, Beyonce,” to which the singer replied, “I love you”.
Ebob’s schoolmates and friends, Karina Guttierez, Cristal Depaz, and Shanya McKnight were very happy that their social media campaign reached Beyonce and that they were able to make Ebob smile.
However, four days after receiving a call from her idol, Beyonce, Ebony Banks, who dreams of attending college and becoming a pediatric nurse to help children battling cancer, lost her fight and succumbed to cancer.
A candlelight vigil was held at Alief Hastings High School in memory of the student.
Latest posts by Buzzer Rhev (see all)
- $730 for a School Uniform Designed by Armani, Anyone? - February 12, 2018
- In 2017, Singaporean Fresh Grads Earn as Much as $3.4K a Month - February 11, 2018
- Woman Finally Marries Fiance She Could Not Recognize for 8 Years After a Disease Struck Her - February 10, 2018
- Boy with Leukemia Spends Money for His Treatment on a Mobile Game - February 10, 2018
- Japanese Baggage Unloaders Earn Praise for the Way They Handle Baggage - February 9, 2018