Teenage couple Erica Shyrock, 19, and Charles Elliott, 18, who are parents to a 15-day-old baby were arrested because of negligence which led to the child being bitten by rats in their own home.
It was 7:30 on a Sunday morning in Magnolia, Arkansas, when Erika said she woke up upon hearing the baby cry and scream, two hours past when she put the child to sleep. She found the baby with blood all over her body in the bassinet.
Charles, discovered footprints in the crib. But it was only when Charles’ mother came that the couple brought their child to the hospital to seek medical attention.
When the police in Arkansas arrived and searched their home, they found bloody rat footprints, the baby’s hat soaked in blood, and a blanket with blood stains.
Weighing 5 lbs, the baby has been taken to the Magnolia Regional Medical Center for proper medication after being attacked by rodents and had around 75-100 bites of rats on her arms, fingers and hands. She will also be needing facial reconstruction surgery for the hole left on her forehead.
A statement submitted by a doctor to the Court states that the parents may not be in their proper mental order while their child has been bitten and may be under distress. Moreover, they admitted that they were both aware of the presence of the rodents in their home but didn’t mind it at all.
The couple has been charged with first-degree endangering the welfare of a minor.
The couple has 4 children, all of whom were already in DHS (Department of Homeland Security) custody, including the bitten child.
Latest posts by m_tagalicud (see all)
- Girlfriend Cuts Boyfriend’s Manhood Because of Jealousy; Boyfriend Compliments Another Woman’s Looks - February 4, 2018
- Thai Noodle Vendor Flaunts Gorgeous Body as Clever Marketing Strategy - January 30, 2018
- iPhone 8 Plus Remains Intact Inside Burning Mercedes Benz - December 4, 2017
- Adventurous Malaysian Photographer Fearlessly Shoots Couple’s Prenuptial Pictorial in a Volcano - December 2, 2017
- Man Becomes Suddenly Paralyzed After Constantly Bowing Head Down While Playing with Cellphone - November 30, 2017