Teenage couple Erica Shyrock, 19, and Charles Elliott, 18, who are parents to a 15-day-old baby were arrested because of negligence which led to the child being bitten by rats in their own home.
It was 7:30 on a Sunday morning in Magnolia, Arkansas, when Erika said she woke up upon hearing the baby cry and scream, two hours past when she put the child to sleep. She found the baby with blood all over her body in the bassinet.
Charles, discovered footprints in the crib. But it was only when Charles’ mother came that the couple brought their child to the hospital to seek medical attention.
When the police in Arkansas arrived and searched their home, they found bloody rat footprints, the baby’s hat soaked in blood, and a blanket with blood stains.
Weighing 5 lbs, the baby has been taken to the Magnolia Regional Medical Center for proper medication after being attacked by rodents and had around 75-100 bites of rats on her arms, fingers and hands. She will also be needing facial reconstruction surgery for the hole left on her forehead.
A statement submitted by a doctor to the Court states that the parents may not be in their proper mental order while their child has been bitten and may be under distress. Moreover, they admitted that they were both aware of the presence of the rodents in their home but didn’t mind it at all.
The couple has been charged with first-degree endangering the welfare of a minor.
The couple has 4 children, all of whom were already in DHS (Department of Homeland Security) custody, including the bitten child.
Latest posts by m_tagalicud (see all)
- Want to Take a Panoramic Photo? You’d Better Be Cautious, Particularly if You are Not a Pro! - July 21, 2017
- Smart Bristol Cyclist Makes a ‘Tricky’ Move, Steals Back Her Own Stolen Bike from Thieves - July 19, 2017
- Malaysian Chiropractor Uses Hammer as Unconventional Way to Treat Patients with Slipped Discs - July 14, 2017
- ‘Real-Life Boobsy Barbie’ Seduces Husbands to Leave Their Wives and Adore Her - July 13, 2017
- 16-Year-Old Indonesian Marries 73-Year-Old Woman, Threatens to Commit Suicide if Marriage is Denied - July 12, 2017