Would you believe that these pictures were detailed sculptures made only from sand?
These are the works of the hands of a 43-year-old Toshihiko Osaka, an amazing sculptor and artist in Japan. He graduated in sculpture from the Fine Arts Department of the Tokyo National University of Fine Arts and Music.
Born in 1974, Hosaka has been making sand sculptures since he was in school. His talent in using sand has been honed in his 20 years of experience. At a first glance, it would be hard to believe that they were made from grainy beach sand, but this talented Japanese made these large-scale masterpieces from only simple sand and an aid of some metal sculpting tools.
And since sand art was temporary, Hosaka used an environment-friendly sand art spray that hardens its outer layer to prevent the sun, wind or rain from breaking it down. The result of which after spending hours and even days was always stunning.
Toshihiko Hosaka is now based in Tokyo and is acknowledged as one among the most talented sand artists in the world. He has gained various international recognition for his mind-blowing sand sculptures from competitions around the globe.
His latest achievement was at the Fulong International Sand Art Festival where he won the First place for a jaw-dropping sculpture of legendary Japanese swordsman, Musashi Miyamoto.
Latest posts by m_tagalicud (see all)
- Sweet Malaysian Boyfriend Disguises, Sneaks into Same Plane to Surprise Departing Girlfriend - September 20, 2017
- Man Accidentally Dies Inside Fake Coffin While Having ‘Horror Adventure’ at Ocean Park’s “Buried Alive” Haunted House - September 18, 2017
- VIDEO : Heartless Teacher Mercilessly Slaps Grade 3 Student 40 Times for Failing to Answer During Roll Call - September 18, 2017
- Sepsis ‘Silently’ Kills Baby with Chickenpox, Leaves Baby Dead in Just a Few Hours - September 16, 2017
- Chinese Boyfriend Bribes Girlfriend with LV Bag Just to Make Her Eat More and Become Flab - September 14, 2017