Manoj Kumar Maharana, 23, broke the Guinness World record for most straws stuffed in mouth (hands off) at 459 straws.
According to Guinness World Records, Manoj wanted to win the title ever since he was a child and was inspired to attempt the record after hearing about the previous record holder, Simon Elmore.
Before Manoj, the title had remained unbeaten for 8 consecutive years.
Aspiring to be a Guinness World record-holder, Manoj was inspired by Simone Elmore who previously held the title in 2009.
The Brit set the bar high when he stuffed 400 straws in his mouth at the Mark ‘n Simon Show in Germany.
Both competitors, however, were not allowed to use their hands to support the straws during the 10-second period, but they were permitted to use rubber bands around the plastic tubes to hold them together.
They needed to make sure that all of the straws were fully in their mouths for 10 seconds without falling. The straws had a minimum diameter of 0.64 mm.
Another variation of this record challenge, recognized by Guinness World Records, is most straws stuffed in mouth (with hands).
Those who dare to take on the challenge are expected to fit more straws in their mouth because they’re allowed to use their hands.
Guinness Rishi in Mumbai managed to stuff a total of 496 straws in his mouth to set another record-breaking win for India on March 17, 2011.
The maximum set of straws was 500, but an official had deducted 4 that were coming off the side of Guinness’s mouth.
Dedicated for the win, he had all his teeth pulled so that he can fit more straws in his mouth.
Watch his record setting video below.
Latest posts by Buzzer Juris (see all)
- Stage 4 Cancer Patient Wins $1.5M Jackpot, Retires to Recover - November 28, 2017
- Malaysian Entrepreneur Overcomes Father’s Death, Now on Forbes’ 30 Under 30 - November 26, 2017
- Icky Turned Oppa: How Plastic Surgery Brought His Mother to Tears - November 25, 2017
- The “Straw Man from Odisha” Stuffs 459 Straws in His Mouth for a Record-Breaking Win - November 25, 2017
- Travel Goals! Malaysian Couple Ride Across Eurasia - November 21, 2017