Indonesian President Joko Widodo and some other senior government officials were on their way to attend the 72nd anniversary of the founding of the Indonesian military last October 5.
However, they got stuck in a gridlock as they made their way to the port city of Cilegon, about two-and-a-half hour drive from the Indonesian capital city of Jakarta.
After waiting for about 30 minutes, the president decided that he would walk, according to his guard Ili Dasili.
President Widodo was joined by the National Police Chief Tito Karnavian and his security personnel. They walked 2 kilometers under the scorching sun to make it to the military parade.
People who were within the area chanted and yelled the President’s name, as his entourage passed by.
However, some social media users were not happy with the President’s unusual parade. They are wondering why the leader of the largest economy in Southeast was left with no other choice but to walk towards the venue of the event.
Twitter user @Pujithegooners asked how come that the president had to walk for two kilometers when the road can be vacated for him or he can be taken in a helicopter.
Latest posts by Buzzer Rhev (see all)
- Family Dog Stays with Wandering Toddler Until He was Found - October 17, 2017
- Brazilian Mom Gives Birth to 12-lb Baby Girl, Makes New Hospital Record - October 17, 2017
- Mother and Son Survive the Australian Bushland with No Food for 10 Days - October 15, 2017
- Australian Court Accepts Unsent Text Message as Man’s Last Will - October 14, 2017
- Farmer Gives His Reward Money to the Kidnapped Girl He Rescued - October 11, 2017