Dogs eat anything.
A veterinarian from Edmond, Oklahoma had to perform what should be the “craziest” surgery of his entire career: he had to remove no 21 pacifiers from a 4-year-old Shar-Pei dog’s stomach.
The veterinarian who has been practicing for 22 years at the Gentle Care Animal Hospital, said, “This was the most fascinating and exciting surgery I have ever done…”
A 4-year-old Shar-Pei named Dovey underwent surgery last week after his owners were concerned about how much weight he had lost over a short amount of time and brought him to see his long-time vet.
His owner, based in Oklahoma, also had noticed Dovey stealing one pacifier from a countertop and separately throwing one up. An X-ray revealed the pacifiers were in Dovey’s stomach, according to KFOR-TV.
“We have a 6-month-old baby and, you know, we have binkies in the house because of the baby and over the past five months, we’ve been missing many binkies,” said Scott Rogers, owner of Dovey.
Rogers and his wife figured the binkies were lost in the usual places like restaurants or in between couch cushions. As it turned out, they were ‘hiding’ in Dovey’s stomach.
Seeing the x-ray, the vet believed that there could be around seven to nine pacifiers in Dovey’s stomach. However, after the surgery was conducted, they found 21 pacifiers in the dog’s stomach.
— KFOR (@kfor) December 8, 2017
Fortunately, Dovey is doing great now and is back home, the veterinarian told a television station.
Latest posts by Buzzer Juris (see all)
- 3-Year-Old Twins Share Their Makeup Tips and Sister Tricks - February 4, 2018
- Father Builds 8-Kilometer Road So His Children Can Go to School - January 20, 2018
- Rebels! New Zealanders Build Sand Island to Avoid New Year’s Eve Liquor Ban - January 4, 2018
- American Couple Quits Corporate Job, Gets Paid $200K+ Yearly to Travel Around the World - January 3, 2018
- Man Can’t Buy Happiness But Can Rent Fake Friends in Japan - December 31, 2017