A woman from California is suing the famous cosmetic chain Sephora for $25,000 for giving her oral herpes at a Los Angeles stores. According to Daily News, Elena Davoyan, filed the suit Thursday, claiming that she applied a lipstick sampler in October 2015 and later was diagnosed with oral herpes.
According to a recent report by TMZ, the woman said that prior to the store visit, she had no history of herpes or cold sores and was holding Sephora responsible. Furthermore, she also said that Sephora didn’t have enough hygiene practices and the place held no warning about the health risks. Furthermore, she also said that other companies provide methods of preventing herpes exposure by using individual samples or having beauty assistants help customers.
“The bottom line is that (there) are numerous simple solutions to prevent the spreading of diseases through lipstick testers, and that is Sephora’s responsibility,” the lawsuit filed by lawyer Robert Krasney states according to Daily News. Now, she’s suing the chain for an “incurable lifelong affliction”.
Sephora told Fashionista, “While it is our policy not to comment on litigation, the health and safety of our clients is our foremost priority. We take product hygiene very seriously and we are dedicated to following best practices in our stores.”
To avoid this incident, we must learn how to clean the common products placed at the sampling stations. We may ask for a cotton swabs or rubbing alcohols to the beauty assistants to clean the products because we never know if the public makeup tool was contaminated.
Latest posts by Buzzer Ramona (see all)
- Model from Nevada Stands Just 3ft 4in Tall, Breaks Stereotypes in the Fashion Industry - November 21, 2017
- Woman Undergoing Radiation Treatment Gets Publicly Shamed by Strangers After Using Handicapped Spot - November 21, 2017
- Malaysian Woman Alerts People About Another Modus Wherein Scammers Force You to Pay for Items You Didn’t Order - November 20, 2017
- Raulito was Already Dead for 84 Years But Still Performs Miracles - November 19, 2017
- 7-Year-Old Student Picks Winning Lottery Ticket, Donates Her Prize to Food Drive Project in Her School - November 18, 2017