Fifty two-year-old Kendra Jackson from Omaha, Nebraska thought that her runny nose was just because of her allergies. Turns out that her runny nose was actually a brain fluid leak.
She experienced coughing, sneezing and runny nose 2 1/2 years after she was involved in a serious car accident. She recalled hitting her face against the dashboard and ever since, she struggled with migraine headaches.
Her runny nose started to worsen in 2015; so, she decided to seek help from doctors.
“When it didn’t go away, I kept going back and forth to the doctors, and they prescribed every kind of medicine you can think of, and my nose just kept on running,” Jackson said in an interview with CCN.
The doctors diagnosed her with allergies but just this year, she went to Nebraska Medicine and found out that her nasal discharge is caused by a small hole in her skull which is also known as cerebrospinal fluid (CSF).
According to Asia One, cerebrospinal fluid is a clear fluid that cushions the brain and spinal cord; it picks nutrients from the blood and removes waste from the brain cells.
She was loosing around half a liter of fluid every day.
She underwent surgery last month with the team of Dr. Barnes; they used Jackson’s abdominal fats to plug the hole between her skull and nostrils.
She finally recovered after a month and now free from the nasal drip. She can now get some sleep; though she still experiences headaches.
“For people who hear my story, if they’re tasting a very salty taste and something’s draining in the back of your throat, it’s probably something other than allergies. So get to the doctor,” she said.
Latest posts by Buzzer Ramona (see all)
- 47-Year-Old Japanese Model Makes Headlines for Her Amazing Youthful Looks - May 19, 2018
- Chinese Woman Bought a ‘Puppy’ Years Ago, But Pet Turns Out to be a Bear - May 18, 2018
- Double Amputee Fulfills His Dreams to Reach Peak of Mt. Everest After 40 Years - May 17, 2018
- South Korean Fitness Coach Captures Fans’ Hearts with His Mukbang (Eating) Videos - May 17, 2018
- Woman in Coma Wakes Up After Listening to Taiwanese Mega Star Jay Chou’s Songs - May 17, 2018