There are more than a dozen ways to help a person in need. Some provide financial assistance while some give their time and effort to support another person. For an electric line worker from Florida, the additional vacation time-off from work donated by his coworkers meant a lot for him; as it did not only help him recover from his injury, it also taught him not to give up on life.
Donnie Lumpkin works for Georgia Power. He almost lost his right leg because of an accident at work which happened 2 years ago and he needed physical therapy for it. He can claim for long-term disability which can cover all his bills and the amount of this physical therapy. However, he needs to go on leave without pay for a month to be able to qualify for such benefit.
Donnie’s company allows its workers to donate a vacation day or two to other coworkers, and a dozen of his co-workers gave their times off to help him out.
Because of this gift from his coworkers, Donnie was able to recover fully and was back on the job 16 months later, using a bionic foot.
He was very grateful to his coworkers, describing them as brothers and sisters from another mother. He said that he would also do the same for them, as all of them look out for each other, on and off the job.
Latest posts by Rhev Sarmiento (see all)
- ‘Strawberry Milk Oppa’ Saves Woman from Embarrassment Caused by Period Leaks - May 17, 2018
- Doggie Daycare ‘Groufie’ Goes Viral - May 17, 2018
- Man Wants to Know If GF is ‘The One’, Leaves His Apartment Messy for Her to Clean Up - May 15, 2018
- Coworkers Donate Vacation Leaves So Injured Lineman Will Have Time to Recover - May 15, 2018
- Thai Man Jumps into Filthy Canal to Save Aging Stray Dog from Drowning - May 15, 2018