On December 18, a woman known only by her surname Xia from Yangzhou, Jiangsu Province of China was cleaning her house when she accidentally dumped her diamond ring worth 110,000 yuan ($17000) in the trash. The garbage has been collected already when she realized that her ring was missing and it might have been included in the trash.
She immediately went to the office of the local sanitation department to report her lost ring. However, the director informed her that the trash collected from her area had already been compacted. She was, then, advised to come back the following morning and she was assured that the trash will not be transferred yet to the incinerator.
The director of the sanitation department also gave an instruction for guards to be stationed near the piles of trash so it would not be subjected to incineration.
On Tuesday morning, eight sanitary workers started searching through 13 tons of trash for the lost diamond ring. After two hours of search, the diamond ring was fortunately found.
Xia was happy to have found her ring but she was more than grateful for the efforts exerted by the sanitary workers in looking for it. According to her, the actions of the workers were way more valuable than her fancy diamond ring.
Latest posts by Rhev Sarmiento (see all)
- ‘Strawberry Milk Oppa’ Saves Woman from Embarrassment Caused by Period Leaks - May 17, 2018
- Doggie Daycare ‘Groufie’ Goes Viral - May 17, 2018
- Man Wants to Know If GF is ‘The One’, Leaves His Apartment Messy for Her to Clean Up - May 15, 2018
- Coworkers Donate Vacation Leaves So Injured Lineman Will Have Time to Recover - May 15, 2018
- Thai Man Jumps into Filthy Canal to Save Aging Stray Dog from Drowning - May 15, 2018