Korea—home of the most aesthetically-beautiful people in the world. Its lifetime transformations are known throughout the world of fashion. That’s where a Thai edition of a Korean TV show turned an ‘ugly duckling’ into a ‘South Korean oppa.’
Noppajit Monlin, 22, was a Thai factory worker who underwent a series of plastic surgeries to give him a total transformation that even his own mother couldn’t recognize him.
Noppajit wanted to change his appearance, as it not only caused him emotional disgust but physical pain due to his twisted jaw. Ashamed of his appearance, he alienated himself from his peers, often shying away from co-workers and eating alone during break.
In the Season 3 premiere of the makeover series, Noppajit was sent to South Korea to undergo a series of operations that would change his life forever and later bring his mother to tears.
He based his ‘dream look’ on the popular fashion trends of South Korean men. He’d undergone jaw, forehead and eyelid surgeries (to give that envied double-eyelid look). The show added salivary gland botox injections to fix his excessive drooling, and treatment to lighten his skin and clear his blemishes.
After a 3-month long recovery, Noppajit was given the chance to reveal his transformation to his mother. Having not recognized him at a nearby table, he approached her and ‘introduced’ himself to his mother. She was in complete tears, as well as disbelief, which led her to check for scars to make sure that was truly her Noppajit.
He says he lives a more confident person and that he has ‘more friends’ because of his new look. Though, he says he is the same person in love with a transgender woman he met online. He conveyed that their relationship grew stronger as a result of his transformation.
Latest posts by Buzzer Juris (see all)
- Thousands of Japanese police still on a manhunt for an escaped prisoner - April 25, 2018
- 96-year-old woman is fulfilling her dream of going to high school - April 25, 2018
- Woman fined US$500 for carrying an apple through US customs from Delta flight - April 23, 2018
- Man attacked by shark, bear, and rattle snake — all in less than 4 years - April 23, 2018
- Massachusetts preschool is discouraging kids from using the term “best friend” - April 23, 2018