A man has traveled around the Europe in search of forgotten pianos in abandoned places; saying that pianos have always been close to his heart.
In his Bored Panda article, Romain Thiery talked about his photo series “Requiem for Pianos”.
“As a professional photographer and pianist from France, I am fortunate to be able to meet the two artistic worlds that are close to my heart: photography and pianos,” he shared.
“My ‘Requiem for Pianos’ series is a proof of my attachment to music and photography, both my passions. Tirelessly practicing Chopin on my grand piano in my house, I am also a photographer who, on one of my urban explorations, captures pictures of this instrument lying there and further intensifying the mystery surrounding the place,” he added.
Thiery was able to produce about 50 pictures focusing on the piano.
“About fifty of my photographs are focused on a central object: the piano; sometimes with some of its keys missing, sometimes completely dismantled but always sitting imposingly,” he wrote.
“As a pianist myself, emotion takes over when I discover an abandoned piano. This is the aim of my art: my two passions are then united in one and the same feeling,” he further stated.
For his series, Thiery have explored European countries including France, Italy, Belgium, Ukraine, Germany, and Poland.
Here’s a compilation video of some of the photographs taken by Thiery:
Latest posts by Buzzer Charlene (see all)
- [Video] Much-awaited “Stranger Things 3” now in production - May 2, 2018
- [Video] New ‘Shan Cai’ Shen Yue sings iconic Meteor Garden song - May 1, 2018
- Unique music video of Ed Sheeran’s “Happier” features puppets; makes it to YouTube’s Trending list - May 1, 2018
- F4 out, C5 in! Hana Yori Dango sequel tells what happened to Eitoku after 10 years - April 28, 2018
- [Video] Baby ‘flown’ by balloons gets a lot of attention online - April 25, 2018