The Mexican town of Ojinaga in the state of Chihuahua launched a not-so-usual raffle. They will be raffling off a brand new car which will be buried as a time capsule and can only used 50 years from now. Really?
One Mexican family will be the winner of a brand new 2018 car built in the Ojinaga town square, earlier this month, called it “El Viajero Del Tiempo” (The Time Traveler). This car was bought by the members of the local association in charge of organizing the yearly “El IV Reencuentro Ojinaguense” festival.
The winner will not only enjoy a brand new car, it is also filled with photographs, handwritten letters and different things from 2018 for the people 50 years from now to ‘discover their past’. Then it will be lowered into a concrete-lined hole in the town square, using a large crane, then sealed in concrete.
This unusual raffle sparked a controversy in the local community since the organizers announced it three weeks ago. Many said that the association could have donated it instead of burying it in the ground for 50 years.
Some people even complained about the burial of the new car to the local authorities.
Despite all criticisms, the organizers still continued with burying The Time Traveler and now counting the days until the winner can enjoy their prize 50 years from now.
Do you think the car will still be good as new and ready to use by that time? Let us know your thoughts below.
Latest posts by Buzzer Ramona (see all)
- 43-Year-Old South Korean Actress Stuns Everyone for Looking Just Half Her Age - May 24, 2018
- Asians Strikes Again with New Viral Couple Challenge: Hit and Kiss - May 23, 2018
- Japanese Cosplayer Spends $64,200 for Drastic Transformation, Admits She Found Confidence from It - May 22, 2018
- 20-Year-Old Man Lives Unnoticed in 90-Year-Old Woman’s House - May 22, 2018
- 47-Year-Old Japanese Model Makes Headlines for Her Amazing Youthful Looks - May 19, 2018