Explorers love to go to undiscovered places, not just because of the adventure but also to learn about the culture and how people live in the area.
But did you know that there’s one island that has been isolated for so long and no one dares to pay a visit nor has a right to visit?
North Sentinel Island is one of the Andaman Islands in the Indian Ocean; everyone is forbidden to visit. It is inhabited by Sentinelese tribe that resists all contact with outsiders and aggressively attacks anyone who dares to come near to their island.
Islanders are not immune to modern diseases so welcoming outsiders would drastically wipe out the whole Sentinelese tribe.
The Sentinels attack nearly every outsider who would dare go to their territory. According to Atlas & Boots, in 1986, the tribe stabbed an escaped Indian convict who washed up on their shore. Recently, in 2006, they killed two fishermen who accidentally drifted into their waters. When a helicopter was sent to retrieve the bodies, the tribe welcomed them with weapons in hand.
Eventually, the recovery attempts were abandoned and the Sentinelese tribe was left alone.
The first and probably the only friendly contact to the tribe was established by scholar T.N. Pandit in 1991 who arrived at the island offering coconuts and other gifts to gain the tribe’s trust. Luckily, the tribe greeted visitors without bows.
Unfortunately, after the expedition, officials decided to stop all other missions concluding that the tribe is healthy and can survive without any intervention of modern civilization.
The Sentinelese tribe have remained solitary for centuries and effectively restrain themselves from all contact with the outside world.
Latest posts by Buzzer Ramona (see all)
- 43-Year-Old South Korean Actress Stuns Everyone for Looking Just Half Her Age - May 24, 2018
- Asians Strikes Again with New Viral Couple Challenge: Hit and Kiss - May 23, 2018
- Japanese Cosplayer Spends $64,200 for Drastic Transformation, Admits She Found Confidence from It - May 22, 2018
- 20-Year-Old Man Lives Unnoticed in 90-Year-Old Woman’s House - May 22, 2018
- 47-Year-Old Japanese Model Makes Headlines for Her Amazing Youthful Looks - May 19, 2018