A Canadian woman who struggled to pay off her ****** treatment has lucked out a substantial lottery win.
Newfoundland’s Diane Bishop is going to retire with $1.5 million and focus on her treatment and recovery from battling Stage 4 breast ****** since April of 2016.
Having made news in the province last October, people have been raising funds to help.
Diane bought the lucky ticket at a convenience store where she works and owns as a franchisee.
She said she ‘doesn’t know why she bought it’ and just purchased it on a whim.
She has since used the winnings to buy herself a recliner and a new bed, which is helping her ease her discomfort and pain that comes with her illness.
“This money wasn’t about going out and buying a new house or taking trips,” Bishop told CBC News. “This was about survival. I can survive now, and my kids can survive.“
She plans to take part in promising clinical trials for a new ****** treatment as well as pay off hers and her son’s mortgage.
On top of her newfound financial freedom, her doctors say that Diane is now responding very well to her chemotherapy. The cancerous tumors, that before were not responding to treatment, began shrinking in size.
“These two miracles are the power of prayer,” Bishop said, “I know the ****** is incurable but I can now turn my attention to fighting it full time.“
Ms Bishop also intends to donate some of her earning to a facility that houses ****** patients who travel to St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador’s capital, for medical care.
Latest posts by Buzzer Juris (see all)
- Thousands of Japanese police still on a manhunt for an escaped prisoner - April 25, 2018
- 96-year-old woman is fulfilling her dream of going to high school - April 25, 2018
- Woman fined US$500 for carrying an apple through US customs from Delta flight - April 23, 2018
- Man attacked by shark, bear, and rattle snake — all in less than 4 years - April 23, 2018
- Massachusetts preschool is discouraging kids from using the term “best friend” - April 23, 2018