Though his house lacks the sufficient lighting, an 8-year-old boy from Guiyang, Guizhou Province in Southwest China was able to maintain his straight As by doing his homework on a portable table in an overpass.
Every day, the second-grader Qu Sinian goes to an overpass right beside their home and would do his homework for four hours or until the night has fallen. Accompanied by his mother, cars would honk and drive past them but it would not break the spirits of the diligent student.
As soon as he finishes studying, he and his mother will go back to their rented room of about eight square meters.
According to his mother, the room they are renting has poor lighting and there is no other way for the boy to do his homework aside from doing it on the overpass. They were very poor, she added. She was unable to work because of her heart condition and Qu’s father became disabled 8 years ago after falling from heights.
He is now working as a motorcycle driver earning around 1,000 yuan (US$150) a month, half of which goes to room rent.
One of the top students in his school, Qu aspires to become a doctor someday and earn good money so he could treat his mom and dad.
Latest posts by Rhev Sarmiento (see all)
- Mexican Woman Attends High School at 96 - April 22, 2018
- Jaywalkers in China Get Sprayed with Water, Photos Flashed on Screen - April 22, 2018
- Once Homeless and Jobless, Mother of 5 Finishes Law School - April 20, 2018
- ‘Too Pretty to Work’, Chinese Woman Chooses to Just Beg for Money - April 20, 2018
- 112-Year-Old Japanese is the World’s Oldest Man - April 18, 2018