Instead of going back to his hometown, 21-year-old Xiao Xie spent his eight-day public holiday in a cybercafé as he and his friends will be participating in a gaming marathon that the said cybercafé will be hosting. However, they became too engrossed in the game that they played for 72 straight hours without leaving the café.
It was on the night of the Mid-Autumn Festival when Xie fell quiet and started vomiting before falling unconscious in front of his computer. He was rushed to the hospital where he was unconscious for days and the right side of his body was paralyzed.
Xie was discovered to be suffering from a cerebral stroke. A surgery was performed to remove all the clots in his brain.
According to the neurologist of the hospital, sitting for long hours and low food and water consumption can lead to cerebral stroke. Xie had been sitting in front of the computer for long hours which restricted his blood circulation.
Xie has already regained consciousness and is now recuperating. He has also regained control over the right side of his body but he still needed to undergo follow-up treatments in order to fully recover.
Latest posts by Rhev Sarmiento (see all)
- Brain Surgery Patient’s Classmates Shaved Their Heads to Show Support - April 26, 2018
- Deaf and Nearly Blind Dog Kept Lost Girl Safe Until She’s Found - April 25, 2018
- Mexican Woman Attends High School at 96 - April 22, 2018
- Jaywalkers in China Get Sprayed with Water, Photos Flashed on Screen - April 22, 2018
- Once Homeless and Jobless, Mother of 5 Finishes Law School - April 20, 2018