Indonesian President Joko Widodo and some other senior government officials were on their way to attend the 72nd anniversary of the founding of the Indonesian military last October 5.
However, they got stuck in a gridlock as they made their way to the port city of Cilegon, about two-and-a-half hour drive from the Indonesian capital city of Jakarta.
After waiting for about 30 minutes, the president decided that he would walk, according to his guard Ili Dasili.
President Widodo was joined by the National Police Chief Tito Karnavian and his security personnel. They walked 2 kilometers under the scorching sun to make it to the military parade.
People who were within the area chanted and yelled the President’s name, as his entourage passed by.
However, some social media users were not happy with the President’s unusual parade. They are wondering why the leader of the largest economy in Southeast was left with no other choice but to walk towards the venue of the event.
Twitter user @Pujithegooners asked how come that the president had to walk for two kilometers when the road can be vacated for him or he can be taken in a helicopter.
Latest posts by Rhev Sarmiento (see all)
- Brain Surgery Patient’s Classmates Shaved Their Heads to Show Support - April 26, 2018
- Deaf and Nearly Blind Dog Kept Lost Girl Safe Until She’s Found - April 25, 2018
- Mexican Woman Attends High School at 96 - April 22, 2018
- Jaywalkers in China Get Sprayed with Water, Photos Flashed on Screen - April 22, 2018
- Once Homeless and Jobless, Mother of 5 Finishes Law School - April 20, 2018