With all the school work and never-ending examinations, students get so frustrated to keep up with their academics and that’s a known fact. Education is a tough battle to finish.
This is also one of the main reasons why students are getting depressed and sometimes, the only way to get through is crying; but who would want to break down in front of their friends, right?
The University of Utah had a wonderful idea to help their students let go of their emotions by installing a cry room in the campus library.
This closet is was a free-standing woodshop project by senior Nemo Miller in collaboration with Tony Miller and David Meyer.
The soundproof cry closet is lined with black interior and included some plush stuffed animals inside to students can hug and squeeze them as they cry for whatever reason they may be.
“One aspect of humanity that I am currently exploring is connections and missed connections through communication. It’s been interesting to watch the response to this piece about human emotions, and I’m proud to see the power of art in action,” Nemo said in a statement according to USA Today.
The rules are you have to knock before entering, only one person inside at a time, the time limit is only 10 minutes, and they have to turn the lights and timer off before leaving.
Photos of this amazing project went viral and some people wished that the school installed more of these around the campus.
With all the things that are happening to the life of students wherein they have to balance everything, it’s really nice to know that there’s somewhere they can be comfortable to release all their tension. Do you think all campuses should have cry closets?
Latest posts by Buzzer Ramona (see all)
- 47-Year-Old Japanese Model Makes Headlines for Her Amazing Youthful Looks - May 19, 2018
- Chinese Woman Bought a ‘Puppy’ Years Ago, But Pet Turns Out to be a Bear - May 18, 2018
- Double Amputee Fulfills His Dreams to Reach Peak of Mt. Everest After 40 Years - May 17, 2018
- South Korean Fitness Coach Captures Fans’ Hearts with His Mukbang (Eating) Videos - May 17, 2018
- Woman in Coma Wakes Up After Listening to Taiwanese Mega Star Jay Chou’s Songs - May 17, 2018