Dogs eat anything.
A veterinarian from Edmond, Oklahoma had to perform what should be the “craziest” surgery of his entire career: he had to remove no 21 pacifiers from a 4-year-old Shar-Pei dog’s stomach.
The veterinarian who has been practicing for 22 years at the Gentle Care Animal Hospital, said, “This was the most fascinating and exciting surgery I have ever done…”
A 4-year-old Shar-Pei named Dovey underwent surgery last week after his owners were concerned about how much weight he had lost over a short amount of time and brought him to see his long-time vet.
His owner, based in Oklahoma, also had noticed Dovey stealing one pacifier from a countertop and separately throwing one up. An X-ray revealed the pacifiers were in Dovey’s stomach, according to KFOR-TV.
“We have a 6-month-old baby and, you know, we have binkies in the house because of the baby and over the past five months, we’ve been missing many binkies,” said Scott Rogers, owner of Dovey.
Rogers and his wife figured the binkies were lost in the usual places like restaurants or in between couch cushions. As it turned out, they were ‘hiding’ in Dovey’s stomach.
Seeing the x-ray, the vet believed that there could be around seven to nine pacifiers in Dovey’s stomach. However, after the surgery was conducted, they found 21 pacifiers in the dog’s stomach.
— KFOR (@kfor) December 8, 2017
Fortunately, Dovey is doing great now and is back home, the veterinarian told a television station.
Latest posts by Buzzer Juris (see all)
- Thousands of Japanese police still on a manhunt for an escaped prisoner - April 25, 2018
- 96-year-old woman is fulfilling her dream of going to high school - April 25, 2018
- Woman fined US$500 for carrying an apple through US customs from Delta flight - April 23, 2018
- Man attacked by shark, bear, and rattle snake — all in less than 4 years - April 23, 2018
- Massachusetts preschool is discouraging kids from using the term “best friend” - April 23, 2018